Taking this tour with us you will admire unique winter landscapes of Tatra mountains and visit Zakopane – the highest-situated town in Poland.
Zakopane is located in the south of Poland at the foot of the Tatra Mountains – the most beautiful mountain range in the country. This is only about two hours drive from Krakow and we will bring you to the most famous Poland’s mountain resort. It is a great place that thousands of tourists visit all year round. This is the Poland’s most popular holiday destination that attracts tourists with a splendid nature, rich folklore and unique wooden architecture.
After two hour drive along the most picturesque route in Poland that links Krakow and Zakopane we take you on a sightseeing drive, which will include:
- Stop at Chocholow – a historical village famous for the traditional wooden Highlanders’ cottages
- Funicular to Gubalowka Mount from Zakopane (alternatively a ski lift working all year)
- Breathtaking view of the Tatra Mountains from the top of Gubalowka
- Walk down Krupowki – the finest street in Zakopane
- Time for shopping at the traditional Highlanders’ market
- Wooden Church of Our Lady of Czestochowa and Villa Koliba
- ‘Na Peksowym Brzyzku’ Cemetery – the oldest Zakopane cemetery with beautiful sculptures adoring graves of famous people
- Great style dining at the traditional restaurant serving typical Highlanders’ food (price of lunch not included)
- Wielka Krokiew ski jump
- Stop over at the Chapel in Jaszczurowka – an old wooden church erected in 1906 which is the greatest example of the traditional Highlanders’ style, known as the ‘Zakopane style’