Travel through 150+ years of history in just two-hours aboard this awesome London Underground and Tube Tour. Starting at one of London’s earliest underground stations and finishing at one of the most futuristic, hear the captivating twists and turns of the Tube’s history on this fun and informative walking tour. Perfect for Tube and Train enthusiasts, this history tour will leave you looking at the Underground with a new appreciation and respect for the world's first subterannean railway!
Beginning at one of the oldest stations on the network - Baker Street - take a chronological journey from the origins of the Tube. See the subterannean railway transform from a mocked pipe-dream to a ground-breaking feat of enginerrin. Our guide will trace its evolution to the futuristic extensions of today where we finish at Westminster Station.
- Visit one of the oldest platforms on the Underground
- Comprehend the two different ways of constructing underground lines
- Meet the infamous American who revolutionised the network
- Journey through four phases of station architecture
- Catch a glimpse of a ghost station where you never thought to look!
In a small group, over two hours discover the history of the London Underground - this is a tour loved by visitors and Londoners alike!