As the sun sets on the West End, the two-hour tour of this historic district ventures into the darker side of London's past. With the level of detail adapted to the stomach and sensibilities of the group, our theatrical guides will show you the site where many-a-Londoner met a gruesome end, as well revelling in Covent Garden's past; as a site for promiscuity and mayhem. Venture into London's underworld...
From the scandalous to the vile, the deepest darkest secrets of Ye Olde London Towne will be revealed. The tour intertwines specific tales of local characters with informative detail of the history of law and punishment, as well as a social history of pleasure and escapism.
- Discover the earliest leper hospital and an enormous plague pit.
- Meet ghosts, body snatchers and criminals that you wouldn't want to face alone in a dark alley.
- Trace the condemned's steps to the gallows
- Stumble in the footprints of the 18th century gentleman of pleasure with the help of a certain sleazy publication!
- Explore Hogarth's infamous Gin Lane.
Meeting outside Dominion Theatre (6pm) near Tottenham Court Road station we will venture through the site of one of London's most notorious slums. Weaving through Covent Garden, we will finish (8pm) at London Fields near Holborne station.