Join this 4-day south coast photography tour from Campbelltown, 31-miles (50-km) south-west of Sydney. See beaches and panoramas along the Eurobodalla National Park Coast. Whale watch charter to Montague Island for migrating whales and calves. Watch and walk amongst migrating sea birds in their tens of thousands from the norther hemisphere. View Australian and New Zealand Fur Seal colonies on Montague Island. Shop in picturesque chocolate box pretty Tilba. Bonus opportunity: dawn and sunset workshops weather permitting.
Pick up at Campbelltown Railway Station for three nights, four days along the Sapphire Coast.
- Follow the Pacific Coastline to the small fishing harbour of Kiama, visit the blowhole and town centre for refreshments.
- Continue the journey south stopping at Huskisson south of Narooma on the pristine Jervis Bay for lunch at The Huskisson waterside hotel.
- Stretch your legs with quick stopover at Mogo known for for its arts and crafts and zoo.
- Moving on our next stop is our apartment on Wagonga Inlet with views of Montague Island.
- We will use the apartment as a base for the next three nights.
- Weather permitting we will charter a boat to Montague Island and cameras ready photograph the migrating whales as they swim south to Antarctica.
- We will alight on the island to be met by a National Parks Ranger who will act as our guide pointing out the Fairy Penguins if they are home.
- You will see many many sea birds arriving. Be careful as you walk amongst the chicks and watchful noisy parents. Here also lives Australian and New Zealand Fur seals.
- Return to Narooma for lunch and a drive along the coast visiting a variety of coastal locations, the colours are gorgeous hence the name Sapphire Coast.
The coastline south of Narooma is very pretty with its many lakes which are often bypassed by tourists, the following locations are included.
- Glasshouse Rocks
- Mystery Bay,
- Wallaga Lake and
- Tilba Tilba
The last day of your tour takes you north along the beaches, towns and headlands of the Eurobodalla National Park.
- Potato Point with its many Kangaroos.
- Tuross Head and more.
- We leave the coast at Congo and Moruya Heads to start our journey back to Sydney via Batemans Bay