From the Portuguese-influenced cuisine of Goa to the wonderful sweets of Bengal, Indian cuisine has multiple regional variations, but is generally characterized by perfect spice and flavor combinations.
You will learn to identify these spices, along with shopping and storing tips. You will understand about ghee, the clarified butter that is key to Indian cooking, and two kinds of masala spice blends.
Your Indian Cooking Classes in Melbourne menu will consist of taste of India and Indian Cooking master Class.
- Learn the fundamentals of Indian cooking ingredients, spices and flavours
- How to create the Indian recipes yourself and to your palette
- Cooking tips, tricks and techniques
- Intimate class sizes in a fun and social setting
TASTE OF INDIAN COOKING CLASS
Jan Mar May Jul Sep Nov
Our most popular class features signature Butter Chicken, a rich and creamy dish from northern India with succulent morsels of boneless chicken cooked in a smooth, velvety yogurt sauce with cream and aromatic spices. You also make vegetarian curry dish with cauliflowers and peas, salad and rice plus naan bread.
- Butter Chicken, a restaurant favourite you can make at home!
- Rogan josh - lamb curry of Persian origin, now popular in the Kashmir area
- Aloo Gobi, Cauliflower and Potato Curry with Peas
- Saffron Basmati Rice Pullao
- Handmade Naan bread with garlic and corriander
INDIAN COOKING MASTER CLASS
Feb Ap Jun Aug Oct Dec
Explore food of North India and food of South India in this cooking class. You will see climate, culture and food changes from each of these regions of India. You also learn these differences in cooking styles, techniques and flavour profile, this delicious cultural journey is for you right here. We will make cashew vegetable curry - a north Indian layered rice dish of marinated vegetables in aromatic spices. Famous from the south comes traditional Vindaloo, morsels of chicken simmered in a sweet, sour and hot sauce, tempered with curry leaves plus more...Enjoy with meal, a cooling Indian spiced refreshing drink to round out this delicious meal. Get a taste of both the north and the south in this adventurous class!
- Beef Vindaloo
- Tandori Chicken
- North India's Vegetable & Cashew Biryani
- South Indian Warm mildly spiced Carrot & Cabbage Salad
- Handmade Sesame Garlic Naan piping hot!
- Festive Rice
Vegetarians are welcome. Please contact us for a vegetarian substitute.