Join this small group tour to visit the best of Rome such as the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill. Enjoy your skip-the-line ticket and marvel at the beauty of the eternal city.
Visit the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an expert professional guide. Be prepared to discover:
- The history of the Colosseum, its location and contexts
- The evidence of Nero’s great fire
- The construction and architecture of the building
- The grisly detail of the games and the gladiators
- The Colosseum from multiple viewpoints and how it functioned
- The truth about the many myths surrounding the place
- The Arch of Constantine
- The Palatine Hill, where emperors built their palaces and Romulus fought Remus
- The Forum’s many buildings and historic layers explained
- The Temple of Vesta, the Arch of Septimius Severus, and the Curia
At the end of the tour, your guide will leave the group in the central area of the Forum, where you can relax and take pictures, continuing the visit on your own, or moving on onto another location.