Enjoy an exhilarating day of hiking in the foothills of the majestic Magaliesberg mountains. Situated only a mere 45 minutes from Johannesburg, this guided hike will allow you to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the fresh air, indigenous plants and unique foothill scenery. The hiking distance is a relatively easy 6.5 miles taking about 5 hours to complete. The hike includes a complimentary picnic 'South African' style at the half way point as well as a transfer service from your hotel. The hike is rated for moderate levels of fitness.
- Enjoy a complimentary pick up form your hotel at 08:00am. You will be met by your local guide who will be accompanying you on your tour
- The drive to the start of the hike takes about 45 minutes and we should arrive by 08:45am
- You will then enjoy some complimentary refreshments while we conduct the pre-hike briefing and stock you up with water for the duration of the hike. We supply all the bottled water that you will require.
- At 10:00am we will start the hike. The first part of the hike covers 3 miles through some relatively flat and easy terrain.
- At 12:00we stop at the river for an hour for a picnic. The cost of the picnic is included in the package
- At 1:00pm we start the second leg of the hike which also covers 3.5 miles of some pretty easy terrain. A few slight gradients will need to be conquered but nothing too hectic.
- We finish the hike by 3:00pm
- After a celebratory refreshment we make our way back to your hotel in Johannesburg. We aim to leave by 3:30pm to have you back by 4:15pm