Breathtaking views – natural wonders – great hiking and unforgettable glaciers. On this trip there is also a good chance you will find yourself standing in the exact same spot as a scene from Batman or James Bond.
Description of Day
The day starts at 07:00 with a pickup at your hotel in Reykjavík for a 1 hour drive to our first natural wonder the picture perfect Seljalandsfoss. We continue on route viewing Skogafoss on our way to the Reynis dranga . continue to the small town of Höfn. When we land there we will begin our day, and we‘ll start with viewing the unique glacier of Vatnajökull. After this amazing journey we will get some good lunch overviewing Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon. This is a very popular location for many motion pictures e.g. James Bond and Batman Returns, mostly because of the unique landscape. We then continue to the west to the spectacular national park of Skaftafell where we will take a hike to touch the glacier of Vatnajökull and then head up to a waterfall called Svartifoss, a picturesque waterfall surrounded by dark lava columns. We will then drive to the black sandy beaches and view the coastline before heading back to Reykjavík.
- Glacier lagoon (largest glacier in Europe)
- Skaftafells national park.
- Svartafoss (hike to Black falls )
- Skógafoss (third most powerful waterfall in Iceland)
- Sólheimasandur (black sandy desert coastline)
- Glacier of Sólheimajökull
- Duration is 12-14 hours.
- At 7.00 AM. We pick you up at your hotel, free of charge.
- Winter operation we lend you Crampons for safe exploring.
- Operated only in small groups.
- We only provide personal well experienced driver guides.
- Vehicle is Ford Excursion Luxury Super Jeep .
- We can supply booster seats or infant seats.
- Boat tour on Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon (optional)
- Flight over the Bardarbunga Volcano (Optional)
- Cancellation policy implemented: 24 hours prior to tour or full charges