Day tour including the Golden circle and south coast all in one day
The day begins with a drive through Nesjavellir high temperature area, seeing the magnificent landscape on a mountain road with an overview of lake Þingvallavatn and Nesjavellir power plant in the mountains.
We drive towards the national park along the second largest lake in Iceland towards our next destination Alþingi (Althingi) which is the oldest parliament in the world and was established 930 AD. At Thingvellir we have a presentation of the historical significance of the area and then we will take a walk between the Eurasian and North-American tectonic plates along the famous drowning pool and Silfra; which is a wishing well where we will test our luck.
We continue the tour through the national park towards the Laugarvatn hot lake and from there towards the Geyser area, the famous hot springs; where we will take a walk through this high temperature area where one of them, named Strokkur, erupts every few minutes and is a perfect Kodak moment of Iceland. Our next stop is at Gullfoss, or the Golden waterfalls, which is among Iceland’s most spectacular ones.
We then head to the beautiful waterfall called Seljalandsfoss. We will have an option of walking behind the waterfall. We then drive towards the valley of the Thors to view the eruption site of Eyjafjallajökull and we will also show you a beautiful cave with a waterfall inside.
After we have enjoyed this location we will head out to the other side of the Glacier of Eyjafjallajökull and meet a farmer that lives under this big volcano of Eyjafjallajökull. At Þorvaldseyri you get to know the true spirit of a local Icelander as when most people think about the devastation from the volcanic eruption he thinks about opportunities and positive angles. Our next stop will be a spectacular 60-meter-high waterfall called Skógarfoss
- Laugavatn Warm lake.
- Oldest known parliament in the world Alþingi
- Þingvellir National Park
- Famous hot springs of Geysir
- Gullfoss or the Golden Watefalls
- Seljalandsfoss a picture perfect waterfall
- Skógarfoss one of the largest waterfalls in Iceland
- Glacier of Sólheimajökull (Glacier walking at the roots.
- Duration is 10- 12 hours.
- We recommend 08:00. We pick you up at your.
- Winter operation we lend you Crampons for safe exploring.
- Operated only in small groups 3-7.
- We only provide personal well experienced driver guides.
- Vehicle is Ford Excursion Viking Luxury Jeep .
- We can supply booster seats or infant seats.
- Cancellation policy implemented: 24 hours prior to tour or full charges