We squeeze intense discovery agenda to get you through all our favorite must-see places of Lithuania, not forgetting to add authentic experiences, of course. It is a capital-to-capital-and-back trip with 4 overnight stays. Please be sure you will have some free time every evening with our recommendations for dinner.
- Get to know our cities Vilnius and Kaunas
- Visit medieval Trakai castle on an island
- Visit the only historic national park in the world
- Walk on the famous Hill of crosses
- Walk on top of the trees in a National Park
Day 1. Hello, my name is Vilnius.
This is a day to get accustomed, relax and self explore. We will give you some tips for walking around Vilnius and best dining options depending on your wishes.
Day 2. Meet the two Capitals of Lithuania.
In the morning you will visit Trakai the Medieval capital of Lithuania where you will see the castle on the island and have authentic karaite lunch (OPTIONAL). Upon return to Vilnius you will be guided through the narrow streets of UNESCO protected Old town and self proclaimed Uzupis Republic where you will hear the stories of past and present and get a good insight about Lithuania’s history and culture. For the evening to add some flavours to your Lithuanian experience we highly recommend you to try some food and drinks (OPTIONAL) – choose between traditional Lithuanian dinner or local beer tasting or even both!
Day 3. Escape to the past.
When nearing Kaunas we make a stop in Rumsiskes village that has all authentic countryside region houses built in one place. The rest of the day in Kaunas will tell you how it felt to live in independent Lithuania between World Wars, and how this vibrant city lives today. You could also try to catch a wind in the almost historical soviet times amusement park (OPTIONAL).
Day 4. Traditions of Crosses and a walk in the sky.
Start the day by hiking up the Hill of Crosses – a must visit site in Lithuania – and be fascinated by the sight of 100.000 crosses built and brought to this magic place by pilgrims of all religions and faiths. Later continue collecting your memories in Anyksciai, where you can litterary take a walk by tree tops in the oldest National Park in Lithuania.
Day 5. See You next time, Vlinius.
No hard goodbyes, but rather see you next time! We will be waiting to greet you again in our homeland for more exploration of our favourite sights!
Optional extras (own expense, payable on arrival):
- Airport transfer (one way) by private car (1-3 persons) – 35€; by private minivan (4-7 persons) – 55€
- Karaite kybin lunch in Trakai – 15€ per person
- Local beer tasting – 30€
- Lithuanian dinner tasting – 35€
- Soviet times amusement park in Kaunas (Summer only) – transportation only by private car (1-3 persons) – 56€; price per minivan (4-7 persons) – 70€. (The price is for transportation, each rides/swings paid separately directly at the park 0,5-1,5€ per ride pp)
- TV tower visit ticket only (15 € per person) – transfer not included