This is the Program
09.30 am Meet your driver directly at your address.
10.00 am COOKING WITH LEGUMES | VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS
- Learn how to soak, cook and prepare different legumes
- Discover traditional Italian recipes
- Find out how legumes are good for a gluten-free diet
- Prepare delicious dishes with your expert chef
- Enjoy lunch and taste what you have prepared
3.00 pm CHIANTI WINE TOUR
Visit a Boutique Vinery in Chianti (enjoy the wine tour, wine tasting, olive oli oil tasting).
Meet The Wine & Olive Oil Makers
5.00 pm Panoramic stop at Michelangelo square (stunning view on Florence)
5.30 pm Return to your address.
- Pickup and Drop-Off directly at your address.
- Travel by Mercedes or equivalent luxury-level car or minibus with an English-speaking driver (approx. 8 hours).
- Vegetarian Cooking Class end with lunch (or dinner)
PROGRAM | COOKING WITH LEGUMES | VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS
Beginning back in the age of agriculture, legumes have been significant crops in Italian history and cuisine as an important protein source. Because of their inherent protein content, culinary traditions from around the world have always made regular use of legumes, which have historically been called "meat of the field". Today, legumes are revalued as a healthy unrefined food also because they are naturally gluten-free and highly reccommended for those who suffer from coeliac disease.
Chickpeas, lentils, beans, peas, fava beans... At MaMa Florence’s "Cooking with legumes" cooking class, we will select local organic legumes to teach you how to best cook them preparing tasty dishes according to traditional recipes adapted for every season, along with exploring the nutritional characteristics of each legume.
SAMPLE MENU | COOKING WITH LEGUMES | VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS
Lentil ginger soup
Grass pea paté with fennel
"Ncapriata" (creamed fava beans with chicory)
Warm Saffron-scented salad of roasted eggplant and Cannellini beans
"Zimino" (chickpeas with Swiss chard)
Black beans and cocoa cake
COOKING WITH LEGUMES | VEGETARIAN COOKING CLASS
> Instruction with a chef specialized in vegetarian cookingCHIANTI WINE TOUR
> Preparation of a 4-course meal including appetizer, pasta dish, main dish and dessert
> Delicious meal of prepared dishes together with wine and water
> Coffee, tea and soft drinks
> Main topics and recipes of the dishes prepared during the class (PDF)
> Class duration: 3 hours plus time for lunch | approx. 4 hours
- Guided tasting of Chianti wines with English-speaking winery expert.
- Panoramic Photo Stops between the vineyards, olive grooves and cypress.
- Panoramic stop at Michelangelo Square (stunning view on Florence)
SPECIAL NOTE: Authentic Farmer Lunch + Wine Tasting + Olive Oil Tasting + Balsamic Vinegar Tasting + Wine Tours (see the cellars) are included in the total cost.