Tour on Natural Film Sets - The Under The Tuscan Sun & New Moon Twilight!
Your Tuscan tour includes:
• Drive through Tuscany’s most famous postcard scenery with your local expert Driver.
• Scenic and photographic tour of the Val d'Arno & Val d’orcia countrysides (Tuscany).
• Visit and free time to tour the town of Cortona.
• Visit and free time to stop to see the famous Under The Tuscan Sun Villa (Under The Tuscan Sun movie set with Dayne Lane)
• Visit and free time to tour the town of Montepulciano.
• Visit and free time to stop to see the famous Piazza Grande (New Moon Twilight movie set with Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart)
We will visit the stunningly beautiful towns of Montepulciano, and Cortona. Apart from being so pretty, each of these towns have another claim to fame; Montepulciano for wine (Nobile) and Cortona Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
What you will see
Discover the beautiful Cortona that was the magic frame for the "Under The Tuscan Sun". Under the Tuscan Sun is a 2003 American romantic comedy drama film written, produced, and directed by Audrey Wells and starring Diane Lane. Based on Frances Mayes' 1996 memoir of the same name, the film is about a recently divorced writer who buys a villa in Tuscany on a whim, hoping it will lead to a change in her life. The film was nominated for the Art Directors Guild Excellence in Production Design Award, and for her performance in the film, Diane Lane received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Performance by an Actress.
You’d touch by hand an extraordinary atmosphere of a land rich of culture, preserved hamlets and precious products that this earth has been giving since centuries. The tour starts from Florence and the road to the Val d'Arno and Val d'Orcia landscapes.
Last but not least, let’s move into a movie set, the stunning Piazza Grande in Montepulciano where Twilight Saga: New Moon, commonly referred to as New Moon, is a 2009 American romantic fantasy film based on Stephenie Meyer's 2006 novel New Moon. It is the second film in The Twilight Saga film series and is the sequel to 2008's Twilight. Directed by Chris Weitz, the film stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner, reprising their roles as Bella Swan, Edward Cullen, and Jacob Black, respectively. Melissa Rosenberg, who handed in a draft of the film script during the opening weekend of Twilight, returned as screenwriter for New Moon as well.
- Visit Montepulciano (time to taste the famous Nobile Wine and see the underground cellars)
- Visit Cortona (time to taste the famous extra virgin olve oil)
- We suggest you lunch in Montepulciano (Pecorino, Tuscan Wines, Truffle, Olive Oil)
- Stop to see the Under The Tuscan Sun Villa
- Stop to see the famous Piazza Grande
As a guest once put it, “an overdose of scenery.” This tour of Tuscany will take us through the incredible Val d’Orcia (Orcia Valley), one of the most photographed regions of Tuscany. (All photos on this site are from our tours). It was nearly six hundred years ago when merchants had the idea of combining agricultural land with aesthetically pleasing scenery. Thus giving birth to the concept of landscaping as a man made creation. Today the farmers still pay as much attention to the aesthetics of their land as to the crops. The result is a feast for the eyes. In 2004, UNESCO elevated the Val D’Orcia to a World Heritage status – need I say more? The Val D’Orcia also has gastronomic treasures for the finest of palates, among which Italy’s most highly rated wines and sheep’s cheese.