Explore Berlin's beloved underground in all its grit and graffiti. See the side of Berlin you won’t find in guidebooks while walking and traveling via public transportation between attractions. Find out what makes Berlin the underground envy of other European capitals! This tour lasts 3.5 hours with a maximum group size of 40 people.
Meet your local guide at 2:30pm by the Starbucks at the Brandenburg Gate. Berlin was stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years. As such, West Berlin developed its own unique identity and became a magnet for non-conformists in search of an alternative lifestyle. Sub-cultures, squats, and graffiti art became part of Berlin’s distinct style, and with the fall of the Berlin Wall the scene didn’t disappear, it simply moved east. Explore the gritty, grungy underground scene of the city that Berliners love! Witness the clash between corporate expansion & counter-culture.
This 3.5-hour tour covers:
- Street art, graffiti and Berlin’s alternative districts
- Development of a unique art and nightlife culture after the fall of the wall and reunification
- Protests, riots & demos
- Controversy, gentrification and urban development
- East Side Gallery
- Tips on cultural activities, restaurants and nightlife
- Life in Berlin today through the eyes of your guide
...and much more!