World class attractions, amazing architecture and futuristic planning all play their part in making Canberra one of the world's most modern and progressive cities.
Explore everything that Canberra has to offer with a guided tour on day one, dorm share accommodation at Canberra City YHA, followed by a day to explore on your own before returning to Sydney with Greyhound.
- National Parliament House - You'll feel the might and privilege of our Australian democracy as our guide takes you through this architectural masterpiece costing $1.1 billion. From the inner halls of power to walking on the roof, this is an amazing building!
- Australian War Memorial - A time of reflection as you discover the legends of Gallipoli, the ANZACs, the sacrifices and losses suffered by Australians in past wars fought around the world.
- National Museum of Australia -Controversial and popular, Australia's most modern museum has won national awards with its interactive mix of exhibits and displays highlighting Australia's diverse history and culture.
- National Embassies - We'll take you to Yarralumla, for a close look at many national embassies, each one unique and designed to reflect aspects of the country's culture.
- Mount Ainslie - Take in the impressive 360-degree views over the capital city and surrounding mountain ranges of Canberra.
- Wild Kangaroos - We often see wild kangaroos, so we'll be sure to stop for photos!
- Floriade - from mid-September to mid-October this tour visits the annual flower festival called Floriade instead of the National Museum or National Gallery
- Canberra City YHA - We drop you off at the YHA about 5.15pm. Settle in and enjoy the world class facilities, swimming pool, sauna, restaurant or bar. The hostel is situated near the city centre if you want to go exploring.
- Free Day - A continental breakfast is included before you head out to see the rest of what Canberra has to offer. Why not hire a bike from reception and check out the Lake Burley Griffin or visit the markets. There’s no shortage of museums or free stuff to do.
- Make your own way to the Jollimont Centre ( 10 min walk from the YHA ) where you will be booked on the Greyhound bus back to Sydney. Service GX907 departs at 2.30pm,this service makes a stop at the Sydney International Airport at 5.30pm before arriving at Central Station, Sydney at 6pm.