Join this 5-day expedition to the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve in Iquitos, Amazon river, Peru. The Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve is abundant and surpasses all the senses, from the lagoons to the incredible variety of wildlife. Many myths and legends of the Amazon steam from this mysterious area that still remains unspoiled. This is a wildlife-focused tour to this natural reserve that is the best choice for those who want to experience the jungle and observe its wildlife.
7:30 am Departure from the hotel or our office. Car from Iquitos to Nauta (1:30 hrs). Motorboat from Nauta to Santo Domingo (3 hrs).
Entrance permit for the National Reserve. Arrival to a village inside the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve. Boat excursion to a lagoon.
Looking for pink dolphins (Inia geoffrensis). Exploration hiking. Bird watching.
Accommodation: Overnight in a typical village house.
Days 2 to 4:
Motorboat to camping area (3 hrs). Set up camp. During these days we will do the following activities:
- Piranha fishing (Serrasalmus nattereri).
- Hikes through primary jungle in search of wildlife.
- Identification of medicinal plants.
- Drinking water from forest vines “Soga de agua”.
- Searching for the giant tree, largest of the jungle "Lupuna".
- Nocturnal explorations in search of tarantulas and other insects.
- Excursion in search of primates.
- Night exploration in search of alligators and other species.
Overnight in the jungle.
Return by motorboat to the village. Wildlife observation. Buying handicrafts (optional). Return by motorboat to Nauta (3 hrs). Car from Nauta to Iquitos (1:30 hrs). 7:00 pm Arrival to Iquitos city.