See the creatures that make New Zealand their home and experience the thrill of the Big Splash water flume ride on this educational and fun-packed small-group tour. Visit Te Puia to see Pohutu Geyser and pools of bubbling mud, be treated to a Maori concert including the haka, see artisans at work with flax and wood and drive past kiwifruit orchards and see fruit hanging on the vine.
Marvel at New Zealand’s rich and unique natural and cultural heritage on this wonderful day tour. We combine entry to the cultural and geothermal hub of Te Puia with a visit to see New Zealand’s remarkable wildlife at Rainbow Springs. Join Tauranga’s best Shore Excursion team for an unforgettable day.
Your guide will share their passion and knowledge about Rotorua and the Bay of Plenty region. You'll see why it is such a popular place to live!
Te Puia Highlights:
- See geysers explode high into the air, viscous mudpools bubble away and boiling hotpools simmer endlessly. You will only get those iconic geyser photos at Te Puia!
- Experience an awe-inspiring cultural performance from a local Maori group. The 45 minute concert includes a powhiri (welcome) onto the Marae (meeting house), as well as traditional songs and dances. You will see the famous Haka (war dance) - guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine!
- Watch craftsmen and women learn their trade in the newly refurbished carving and weaving schools.
- Enjoy viewing NZ wildlife amongst spacious grounds under a canopy of native trees.
- See native birds such as the Kiwi, Kaka, Tui, Kereru (Wood Pigeon), Kea, Whio (Blue Duck) and many more.
- Step back in time and see a living dinosaur – the Tuatara. These guys have been around for over 200 million years!
- The kids will love the ‘Big Splash’ ride, trout pools and playground.
- Upgrade (extra cost) to visit the Kiwi Encounter conservation hatchery. Here you can see kiwi conservation in action – where your admission fee helps save this endangered icon.
On this tour we also visit a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential icon is grown, and tour Rotorua’s interesting city centre to see famous landmarks such as Govt Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and more.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!