Make the most of your time on this half-day "Highlights" small group, personal tour. You will see and learn about Dunedin and the Otago Peninsula with your own guide, including entry to the grounds of historic Larnach Castle.
We extend a warm welcome to join us in ‘The Edinburgh of the South’. Travelling with your bona-fide local guide, you will enjoy an enthralling overview of this charming historic city. Enjoy the small group experience as we show you the best of what Dunedin has to offer.
- Otago University – New Zealand’s oldest university. Founded in 1871 with just 3 professors, it is now home to over 20,000 students.
- Dunedin Railway Station. A photogenic architectural gem that is one of Dunedin’s ‘must-do’s’.
- A visit to the grounds Larnach Castle – New Zealand’s only castle. Spread across 7 acres, the gardens are classified as a ‘Garden of International Significance’. For a small upgrade fee, you can enter the castle itself, and learn the interesting history of this stately home. We stop here to have lunch in the ballroom (extra cost).
- The World’s Steepest Street – Baldwin Street. If you’re feeling fit you can see how far up you can walk!
- Scenic vistas of Otago Harbour as we traverse some of the scenic roads on Otago Peninsula.
- Amazing views over Dunedin city (and beyond) from the Signal Hill lookout.
- Pick up and drop off at Port Chalmers.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel in a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!
Please note on rare occasions this tour is operated on a 22 seat minibus.