Discover the amazing city of Rotorua at your own pace on the Hop-On Hop-Off Explorer Bus.
Travelling with the best team in the business – you will enjoy all the flexibility of our easy to use timetable, with the (we think) world famous care and attention from one of our driver guides.
The scenic drive to Rotorua is approximately 1 hour, and your guide will provide an interesting and entertaining commentary along the way. This is also when you can learn more about the attractions in Rotorua that are available to visit as your guide is an expert on all there is to see and do.
There is no obligation to visit any destination - if you like you can just cruise on the coach, take a walk around (as there are plenty of things to see for free), visit the shops, or buy a picnic to enjoy by the lakefront.
While in Rotorua the bus will make 4 circuits to 5 different stops within the city:
- Te Puia (also adjacent to Whakarewarewa Living Maori Village, a 5-minute walk). Here you can see the famous Pohutu Geyser, geothermal pools and springs, traditional Maori culture, kiwi birds and much much more.
- Rotorua Information Centre (iSite) in the centre of the city. The best stop to explore the shops.
- Rotorua Lakefront - adjacent to Volcanic Air helicopter/flight centre and Kawarau Jetboat
- Polynesian Spa - a world famous natural geothermal spa, which is also close to the Government Gardens, Bath House Museum and the Blue Baths.
- Skyline gondola and luge - ride the cable car up to a family fun attraction with amazing views and delicious food.
Also from this stop you can visit Rainbow Springs (2-minute walk) to see native New Zealand wildlife, and Rotorua Canopy Tours - an award winning zip lining tour focused on adrenalin and conservation. OGO (another version of the famous ZORB rides) is just a 10-minute walk away
- We can also drop passengers at the Hells Gate (for mudbathing) or River Rats rafting centre for their Kaituna rafting trips. Both of these destinations are on the way into Rotorua, and each has a courtesy shuttle that can drop you back in Rotorua City where you can rejoin our shuttle bus and enjoy seeing the rest of Rotorua.
- At least 10% off entry fees to a number of the main attractions
- If we have time, on the way home we will visit a kiwifruit orchard to see how this quintessential New Zealand icon is grown. Don’t miss the chance to grab a kiwifruit ice cream!
- Full commentary from your guide – we don’t employ bus drivers!
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).
Travel on a modern, air conditioned vehicle with a passionate local as your host. Our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world, and we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!