Spend your time in the Port of Tauranga exploring the geothermal landscapes and Maori culture of New Zealand on this 6-hour Rotorua highlights tour. Discover top Rotorua attractions such as Government Gardens, Rachel's Pool and enjoy free time to explore St. Faith’s Church or the Ohinemutu Maori Village. Learn of life in a Maori tribe at The Living Maori Village and see a traditional Maori dance. Then, wander through the Whakarewarewa Valley — home to powerful geysers and bubbling mud pools. This tour includes pickup and drop-off at Tauranga port.
Travel with Tauranga’s most experienced cruise tour operators and discover the fascinating sights (and smells) of Rotorua – New Zealand’s cultural and geothermal hub. This fully guided small group tour takes you to the Whakarewarewa Village in Te Whakarewarewa thermal valley to experience the best value for money destination in town.
What to expect:
- Experience life as a local at Whakarewarewa Village – a real village built amongst an active geothermal valley. An insightful 1 hour tour of the village with one of the residents is included.
- See bubbling mudpools, boiling hotpools and the ever-playful Pohutu Geyser. You'll soon understand why Rotorua is nicknamed 'Sulphur City'!.
- Enjoy an authentic 30 minute cultural show by Te Pakira – one of Rotorua’s leading performace groups. See songs, chants and poi dancing…as well as the famous war dance – the Haka.
- Learn how the Maori people have adapted to life in this unique landscape – using nature to help in everyday life. You’ll be amazed how useful the hot springs can be!
- Enjoy all the famous sights of Rotorua city – including Government Gardens, the Bath House, Rachel Spring and the stunning lakefront.
- Marvel at the lush Bay of Plenty countryside – passing forests, lakes, orchards, beaches and more. We even stop at a kiwifruit orchard so you can see first-hand how these furry icons are grown.
Our team has been delivering world-class Shore Excursions for over 16 years. It all started with owner Ian - one man and a beloved Rolls Royce car. Today, the number of vehicles and tours has changed, but the philosophy hasn’t – every customer is treated like one of the family, and we will make sure you have an unforgettable day. We have over 100 years combined tour guiding experience so you know you are in capable hands (and if you’re lucky you may even get to travel with Ian – he still loves to get behind the wheel!).Travel on a modern, air conditioned van with a passionate local as your host. We specialise in small groups to allow an intimate and personalised experience. Every tour is guided and commentated from start to finish - our guides delight in showing off our little corner of the world. And, we guarantee to have you back to the ship on time!