The historical Museum of the weapon is genius around the ground floor of the building, about 4,400 sq.m. surface, and has the task of witnessing the intimate connection that has always existed between civil society and military engineers in all fields of engineering and architecture. Preceded by two halls of honor, in which relics of prominent Lieutenant of Camillo Benso conte di Cavour and General Federico Menabrea, Prime Minister and scientist, the Museum is divided into two main areas: the first is the genius in all its specialties, that of peacetime, those formed in wartime, and those that have evolved so much over time to become independent even as the air force , automotive body chemical service and Military transmissions.
The second sector is dedicated to the military genius in the various wars that have occurred from the Kingdom of Sardinia, Italian State until around the second world war.
The visitor is, along the way, a vast documentation that testifies to the importance of historical and technical aspects of the findings. So it is for the broad overview of road bridges regulations and by circumstance to overcome interruptions: quick floating bridges including prominent makes the 160/14, protagonist of epic forzamenti of rivers such as the Dnieper Piave or in Russia.
Deserve attention Dirigibilisti and Aerostieri that with their fragile means Herald the air force.
After the riguadante salon, a large colonies Shrine dedicated to all fallen, with an altar donated by all officers of genius. The rooms dedicated to the campaigns of war and their memorabilia, starting from the Roman Republic of 1848-49, to continue with the campaign of the Crimea, 1855-56 and with the siege of Gaeta, 1860-61, where the great works by siege standards of General Menabrea and early cannons rigati General horses. Following an extensive roundup of document transmission, signals from the Homeric age fires, the use of racing pigeons, to optical media increasingly perfected and then by the Telegraph, the radio, and his genius inventor, Guglielmo Marconi, Captain of the genius and his revolutionaries.
The first floor is placing the historical Museum of military architecture which, in great and plastic models, illustrates the history of Italian and European military architecture, beginning with the prehistoric ruins were transformed into the nuraghi of Sardinia, to continue with the Roman fortifications, medieval castles, forts from different times to date.
Closes the visit the Julius Caesar Hall, dedicated to the "first great Engineer" in history.
The area where is located the Museum belongs to the District of victory that constitutes, with Meadows, one of Rome's most modern expansions of the unit, allowing a panoramic view on the most important architecture done in the capital between 1890 and 1935.