The Museum was born in Sorrento in 1924 thanks to Alfredo and Pompeo Correale di Terranova, descendants of an ancient and noble family. The two brothers set that, at their death, the precious art collections belonging to the family for centuries, they were ordered into a museum entitled on their behalf.
The Museum today is divided on four floors of the eighteenth-century Villa Correale, surrounded by a beautiful garden which leads to a belvedere terrace overlooking the sea. The art collections, arranged in such a way as to recreate the atmosphere of an aristocratic dwelling, offer a wide and extensive testimony of pictorial and decorative arts between the 15th and 19th centuries. Famous collections of still lifes and landscapes and the collections of European porcelain of the eighteenth century. Major precious furniture and rare Italian and European clocks of the 18th century.
Historical library with tassiane issues and important texts from the 16th to the 19th century.