Since 1985 the Museum is housed within the Palazzo Ghisilardi Fava,-the first two rooms illustrate the history of the Museum with the main nuclei which contributed to its formation: the room of marvels of the Marquis Ferdinando Cospi families, held in the Palazzo pubblico in 1675, and the "experimental" collection of General Luigi Ferdinando Marsili, formed under the auspices of the Institute of Sciences (1714). Between 1742 and ' 43 the two nuclei were transferred in palazzo Poggi and incremented by the donation of Benedict XIV. It was from those funds, increased over time from suppressive heritage, legacies, acquisitions, which chose the materials to form the first Civic Museum (1881). The works exhibited in the two halls are typological selection of different collections: among the testimonies are exotic ostrich eggs and coconuts embellished with engravings, backgrounds or objects of Oriental taste. Wide space is dedicated to scientific instruments including a night watch of the 16th century and engraved plates (1756). Collects the room exotic materials Palagi.Il Museum collection continues with the medieval core of the early Renaissance, composed of works linked to the town's history as ' statue of Boniface VIII, executed in 1301 for the Palazzo pubblico from Goldsmith Manno Bandini from Siena with gilded copper plates on wooden soul, ' St. Peter Martyr ' by Giovanni di Balduccio already in St. Dominic, and sculptures from the loggia della Mercanzia. The firm's culture is documented by tombs, such as that of the doctors attributed to Jacopo Lanfrani, and those performed by Pier Paolo delle Masegne and Andrea da Fiesole. Among other sculptural works is the ' Slab ', Garganelli only sculptural work by Francesco del Cossa. In the collection of bronzes are the model for the ' Neptune's fountain by Giambologna, ' bust of Gregory XV ' Bernini and s. Michele Arcangelo's of Algardi. Between the ivories a ' Triptych ' of the workshop of the Embriachi and copies of Sierra Leone (sec. XV-XVI). The decorative arts are represented by specimens of gold and medals, glass, fabrics, weapons, some sourced from many Bentivoglio, Marsili; the tournament armor from Cospi families family (sec. XVI.), at regional level, the core of musical instruments. In 1995 have added to the exhibition an important collection of manuscripts in Bologna of the 13th to 16th centuries and a rich collection of ceramics consisting of 300 pieces from the 13th to the 19th century varied production.