Opened in 1984, on the initiative of the municipality in cooperation with the regional Institute for cultural heritage, is located inside the ancient monastery of San Biagio, next to some other cultural structures. Its creation dates back to 1883, by Adriano Loli Piccolomini, which in some of the rooms of the library Malatestiana reunited the entire civic heritage formed following the Napoleonic suppressions of buildings of worship cesenatie, subsequently, thanks to some deposits and donations from private collectors and the Congregation of charity. In the mid-1920s, need for new space for library of Maltestiana deposits led to the dismemberment of a part of the collection. Numerous works of art were housed within the Palazzo Comunale and only with the most valuable paintings, in the immediate post-war period, he formed a small picture gallery in a room of the same library. In its current location, the Gallery suggests considerable part of an inheritance consisting of more than three hundred paintings from the 15th to the specimens last century. It is divided in two sections: the ancient and the modern-contemporary, established in more recent times. You go from a series of fragmentary frescoes by the Romagna School of the 15th century, from the sacred sites of the city and monastery of San Biagio, with some four-sixteenth boards (among others, Madonna col Bambino e Santi, Antonio argentano Abad, 1510; the so-called Christ Lancetti, House of Cesena Scipione Sacco, 1545; Portrait of Filasio oak, attributed to Baldassarre Carrari). For the six to seven hundred included some Madonnas by Giovan Battista Salvi said the works by Sassoferrato, Cignani, Todeschini, Batoni, Piazzetta, in addition to paintings by some of the leading local artists like Serra, the Razzani, Milani. It should be noted that two of the most prestigious works of art gallery (the presentation to the temple by Francesco France and St. Francis receiving the stigmata by Guercino) are currently visible in the buildings of worship, in a side altar of the Basilica of our Lady of the Mount, the other in the Church of the Capuchins. The section reserved to the nineteenth century and to the twentieth century, exhibiting works mostly local interest and an important collection of graphics Gino Barbieri. In the part devoted to contemporary art are some specimens of the collection Mallah, including works by Guttuso, Cagli, Fazzini, Mazzacurati, Mirko, Melli, Turcato, Vangelli, purified.