The Museum is composed of some collection of furnishings already belonged to the Bourbons and the Duchess Maria Luigia, scattered between 1862 and 1868 but recovered in part by Glauco Lombardi collector in order to document the life, customs and history of Parma from 1748 to 1859. Founded in Colorno in 1915 and opened in 1961 in the Palace, transformed in casino gaming by Ennemond Alexandre Petitot in 1764, the Museum contains works of art, furniture and jewelry distributed in different sections of the exhibition. Maria Luigia heirlooms are the ' Napoleonic Museum, housed in the living room and in two adjoining rooms. Here you can admire some precious sovereign's wardrobe: the Ducal coat embroidered in Platinum, Imperial mantle fragments and ceremonial dress donatole by Napoleon in 1810; the famous bridal corbeille drawn by Prud'hon, the cast of the hand of the Duchess, by Canova, a fragment of the Imperial mantle donated by the Duchess to provide for the needs of Paige affected by cholera, albums, journals, jewelry, personal effects and even the Empress's work basket, author of some of the views exposed in watercolour. In the collection there are letters of Bonaparte and King of Rome. Toschi Museum, in the section, is then documented the activity of engraving by the artist practiced Parmesan, while collecting Petitot include architect's drawings and engravings by Benigno Bossi. A collection of watercolours, engravings and paintings of the 19th century and French works of the 18th century, in an aligned breakfast room complete the furnishings of the building. The Museum's archives are ordered eight hundred letters of Marie Louise daughter Albertina.