Established by ornithologist father g. b. Fourcault in 1766, the Museum was established originally as the Cabinet of the animals, but to this core were added other collections over time, especially when in the second half of the 19th century became Director the naturalist Pellegrino Strobel. The tour illustrates the characteristics of the natural environment of the countryside of Parma and other geographical reality, exposing zoological collections collections since the 18th century. For their particular interest include ethnographic African collections. The Museum is organized in two locations in the University building you can admire the historic collection of Fourcault, 18th century, and the Systematic Collection of vertebrates by Angelo Andres, Director of the Museum from 1899 to 1926. The latter, held between 1923 and 1925, includes more than 2,000 artifacts. Are exposed to the public as well as two collections of African ethnography, Pigorini sourced and Fahad. Among the zoological collections is the core "Vittorio Bottego", with approximately six hundred specimens coming from Eritrea, including rare corals of Massawa. At the botanical teaching rooms expose mainly invertebrates: mollusks, arthropods, echinoderms, cnidarians. There are classrooms for the study of biological evolution and urban wildlife. Are finally available to the public a Lawn collection, consisting of specimens of birds, and the core Committee of Ethnography, including materials coming from Zaire. Other collections, particularly invertebrates, are only available for study purposes.