Founded in 1729 by the King Vittorio Amedeo II, the Botanical Garden is an integral part of the University Department of plant biology of the University of Turin, surrounded by the greenery of Valentino's Park, natural Park of the Po River today. Of great importance to the University of Turin, already in the twenties of the 19th century, the current building existed with greenhouse and Orangery, hot-Museum Herbarium, in 1830-40 was the ' Grove ', Arboretum with many exotic species. Further extensions of the buildings used for classrooms and Labs reduced the areas dedicated to greenhouses. Reopened to the public in 1997, after renovation and redevelopment of some sectors, today the Botanical Garden presents an important collection of medicinal plants which adds a ' catalogue ', almost complete, spontaneous flora that grows on Piedmontese territory. With an area of 27,000 square meters along the banks of the Po, informs about the characteristics of trees, flowers, bushes as well as offering an important collection of Mediterranean plants such as Strawberry trees, Myrtle and the caper. A book collection of 64 volumes reproduces through watercolor iconography, 7500.