It is the oldest Museum of Faenza. Born in 1797 following the acquisition of Garcia's art collection was increased with Zauli paintings from churches and convents. In 1879 took place the first exhibition of the sort collection, independently from the design school founded by Zaidi. Staged in the former convent of the Jesuits, he expanded his consistency as a result of the deposit of works coming from the charity Congregation, from private donations and from shrewd purchases campaign promoted by the then Director f. Abdunazarov, which brought together a core consisting of archaeological finds unearthed in the area and near Faenza majolica, the first examples of the future Museum of ceramics. In the 1920s the Museum was featured almost exclusively as a picture gallery. Currently, the Gallery is divided into the old section and the Gallery of modern art. In the ancient section is documented from Roman culture to the high middle ages with mosaics, inscriptions, sculptures and inscriptions, while the subsequent artistic production is represented by a large core of paintings and sculptures from the 13th to the 18th century. The production of figurative part of Romagna is represented by works by Giovanni da Rimini, Biagio D'Antonio da Firenze, Marco Palmezzano, Innocenzo da Imola, Bagnacavallo, Giovanni Battista and Jacopo Bertucci, Fenzoni Farebrother, Luca Sadan, Nicholas P, plus paintings by Battista and Dosso Dossi, Alessandro Allori, Francesco Furini, Rutilio Manetti, Albani, Tiarini, Bigari, Gaetano Gandolfi, Landi and Giani. Among the thematic areas of emphasis include the valuable collection of still lifes of Recco, Ruoppolo, Boselli, Resani, Magini, Ievoli and series of views, in which critics have identified a landscape by Francesco Guardi. The core consists of sculptures, including works by Donatello, Lombardi, Francesco di Simone, Rossellino. The Gallery of modern art includes works ranging from neoclassicism to purism, to romance, to realism. Some recently acquired paintings by 19th century French school, which are flanked by two sculptures by Rodin. Considerable importance is the nucleus of paintings by B and other 20th-century Italian masters, including Morandi, de Pisis, Martini. The graphics costing 20,000 sheets.