The lighthouse of Capo San Vito, is located in Sicily, is located on the tip of Cape San Vito from about 1.5 km north of San Vito Lo Capo.
The lighthouse has been active since 1859.
The lighthouse consists of a building inhabited by white farista with a floor adjacent to the 40 m high Lighthouse Tower with lantern and Gallery.
The lighthouse consists of a main Lighthouse (# 3170) and a stop sign (# 3172) housed in the main tower. The main Lighthouse has a rotating and emitting white flashes, with a period of 5 seconds, with a range of 25 nautical miles. The lamp emits red isofase luse with 4 seconds period, has a 6 nautical miles, is visible from 165° to 225°, and is to report the shoal North of Cape San Vito.
The lighthouse and the headlight on the command area lighthouses Navy based in Messina (which takes care of all the lighthouses of Sicily), Regency of San Vito Lo Capo.