The Church of Santi Quirico e Giulitta is a sacred building situated in the Centre of Capannori.
History and description
Mentioned by 786, 12th-century plant retains the facade facing in the area of the nave. The inclusion of the transept and the apse of a new structure at the end of the 19th century, and the interior decoration of the vaults and the apse (Michele Marcucci, 1897) concluded a transformation began in 1642 with the addition of three aisles. The double row of galleries that punctuates the façade reveals joining source forms pisana, grafted on local tradition. To see a marble slab with a cultural lucchese Bishop with pastoral murata opposite the façade. Inside, paintings by Michele Marcucci (sacred heart, 1899 and the souls in purgatory, 1901) and Nicholas Landucci (our Lady of the Rosary, 1857).
The specs on toscana.it, web.rete.toscana.it.