The parish church of Santa Maria Assunta and San Giovanni Evangelista is a sacred building is in the village of Marlia, Capannori.
History and description
Was entirely rebuilt from 1833 designed by Giuseppe Pardini, realizing the most flawless romantic classicism architecture paradigm in terra di Lucca, together with the neighbouring convent of the Angel. The forms, derived from models of antiquity, are cleverly merged with those razor-sharp writing and rich Renaissance and presented according to a chromatic and decorative point of view. The Interior, which houses a 15th century altarpiece by Michelangelo di Pietro Mahm, lets, thanks to the light colors of the walls and marble furniture, the desire to create shapes not only geometrically harmonious but also full of episodes able to "move" the visitor feeling.
The specs on toscana.it, web.rete.toscana.it.