The olive Theatre is a theatre located in Camaiore, Versilia.
History and description
Located in the Centre of the capital, right next to the Church of San Vincenzo, the olive tree is one of the oldest theater of Lucca. Its origin in fact dates back to the middle of the seventeenth century on the initiative of the Academy of the weak that restored then a wool spinning machine.
The theatre which initially appeared as a room adapted was restored to the 1770: the Hall took an oval shape and was equipped with boxes.
In 1920, in addition to transformation in the last tier of boxes and Gallery gallery, were renovated all the decorations for the work of the painter Domenico Galon. Like many other theatres of this size, after reporting severe damage during the second world war and after claims made by the civil engineers, played yet another cinematic activities mainly took place in the 1950s prior to closure.
After a long period of neglect after being acquired by the local authority, in the mid-1980s has started an extensive structural and functional restoration project by architect Richard Garg.
In the last two years and with a financial commitment of about 2 million, ended the last phase and finally in August 2003 what can be considered the oldest theatre in the province has returned to work with a show dedicated to Giorgio Gaber.