The chapel of our Lady of Vitaleta is a sacred building in the rural town of Vitaleta, in the municipality of San Quirico d'Orcia, in the province of Siena. The Church, private property, is included in the territory of the Archdiocese of Siena-Colle di Val d'Elsa-Montalcino.
The Church, probably dating from the late Renaissance, is mentioned for the first time in a document from 1590.
The Church was later redesigned both externally and internally by the architect Giuseppe Partini in 1884, inspired by 16th-century models.
From it comes the statue of the Madonna attributed to Andrea della Robbia, from 1870 onwards preserved within the Church of our Lady of Vitaleta in the historical centre of San Quirico d'Orcia, said bought in 1553 in a shop in Florence.
The chapel of the Madonna Madonna is on a dirt road from Pienza, San Quirico d'Orcia and is placed under the UNESCO protection.
The Church shows a single Hall, with the main façade covered in stone of Rapolano which is characterized by a small rose window that opens above the portal lintel; laterally, the same façade is flanked by pilasters, one on the right and the other on the left, on which rests the upper Gable, in whose gable is placed a crest.
The lateral façades are clad with stone, as well as the back of the religious building at the top of which stands a belfry with two cells adjacent round arched Bell.
Source: details in "places of worship", the region of Tuscany, web.rete.toscana.it.