The former Benedictine convent occupies an area of 2,500 m2 in front of the cathedral. The original construction of the twelfth-thirteenth century remain the main entrance portal, with pointed arches in blocks of hewn stone, a prospectus of a small square window and the remains of what could have been a mullioned window. The monastery welcomed nuns from the noble families of the city and in the eighteenth century was modified in order to take on the characteristics of the noble palaces of the time. With the abolition of the religious orders in 1866 it became state property and was used as a military district: for the new requirements was raised there a square tower leaning against the wall. From the fifties it houses the "City Hall."