Via Vittorio Emanuele is the public wash known as Medieval Wash basin, at the late-Renaissance palace Martino. In 1514 it was demolished and rebuilt in a more back from the city walls and the river that flowed under the open sky was covered in the seventeenth century. In the summer of 1991 the restoration work was completed.
The wash is presented with a lava stone staircase and lumachella which leads to a smooth flooring by time and to a series of tanks that are filled with the water that flows from twenty-two mouths of cast iron (of which fifteen lion heads) disposed along the walls topped by low times. Through a small cave, the water reaches the sea. The tanks are clear that the supports were used to rub the clothes.