St Martin's Church is a place of Catholic worship of Portofino, situated uphill of the Church. The Church is home to the parish of San Martino and San Giorgio del vicariato di Rapallo-Santa Margherita Ligure from the Diocese of Chiavari.
The parish church, dedicated to Saint Martin of Tours, is located at the oldest suburb of Portofino and its construction would seem to date back to the 12th century in Romanesque style, as well as the local Church of St. George. The Church was revised in several changes during the 19th century as it stands at present. The consecration took place on 10 June 1548.
The history of the parish community seems to be even older since, as attested by some sources, it was instituted prior to the 11th century. One of the original documents, citing the ancient Church of San Martino, are dated to 1130 where is stated the decision of Pope Innocent II to surrender church property to the monks of the nearby Abbey of San Fruttuoso; the same privileges were confirmed by Pope Alexander III in 1164. The church property passed in later centuries to several owners including the Prince Andrea Doria and his heirs to the Papal Bull of Pope Julius III in 1550 's March 8. Will be the Archbishop of Genoa, monsignor Giambattista Spinola to elect the parish in the title of Archpriest on 25 may 1696.
From 1885 the parishes of Portofino and Santa Margherita Ligure (Church of San Giacomo di Corte e chiesa di Nozarego) crossed over to the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Genoa and, at its Foundation, the Diocese of Chiavari in 1892.
Inside there are several paintings and sculptures such as a wooden group depicting the deposition of Christ Genoese sculptor Anton Maria Maragliano, the painting of the Madonna of the Rosary by painter unknown but almost certainly by the Genoese School of the 18th century, the Annunciation of the eighteenth century and finally a painting of Saints Sebastiano and Rocco Pantaleo a Ligurian painter of the 16th century using the same technique of Teramo Piaggio.