Roccamare is a village in Tuscany, central Italy, administratively a frazione of the comune of Castiglione della Pescaia, province of Grosseto. At the time of the 2001 census its population amounted to 107.
Roccamare is about 25 km from Grosseto and 5 km from Castiglione della Pescaia, and it is situated in the pine forest along the Tyrrhenian coast. The pinewood of Roccamare (Pineta di Roccamare) marks the northern end of the Pineta del Tombolo, an ancient pinewood (18th century) that stretches from Principina a Mare (south) to Rocchette (north).
The village is situated along the Provincial Road which links Castiglione della Pescaia to Follonica.
The seaside village of Roccamare was born as a gated community in the early 1960s. The originary settlement consisted of two hundred villas designed by architects Ugo Miglietta and Antonio Canali. Other villas were designed by Roberto Monsani, Luigi and Giancarlo Bicocchi. The most interesting buildings in Roccamare are Villa Bartolini (1958) by Ernesto Nathan Rogers and Villa Settepassi (1966-1986) by Pier Niccolò Berardi.
Siegmund G. Warburg