It is located in the historic city centre, near the Cathedral, in the Oratory of our Lady of the Rosary, where the Office had suppressed the brotherhood founded in 1568 in the Church of San Francesco. The Museum, inaugurated on June 30, 2000, is preserved the treasure of the Cathedral Church of Alghero and other historic churches in the city. The Museum collection is divided into six sections: silverware, paintings, wooden sculptures, cabinetry, stone and bronze. Silver: singular importance is the reliquary of the true cross, precious work of Catalan extraction, forged by an unknown silversmith Alghero in 1500. Cabinetry: section includes a large Baroque inlaid wooden Tabernacle, from the Church of San Giovanni Battista, a typical example of the austere cabinetry of Capuchin order. : Wooden sculptures are housed in this section various Simulacra of Saints and the Virgin, testimony of cults and devotions that, over the centuries, have fueled the belief of the people of Alghero. The collection of bronzes comprises two bells, one of which, from the 15th century bell tower of the Cathedral. The Museum collection includes paintings dating back to the 16th century and the 17th century. Mail goes out the predella of the altarpiece of the Annunciation, from Church of Hope, in the countryside of Alghero and attributed to a Catalan education painter active in the early 16th century. Remarkable is the cycle of paintings attributable to a Genoese painter of the mid-17th century which has taken from Rubens scenes from the life of Christ and the Virgin.