The civic museums, housed in Palazzo Farnese, are made up of the civic art gallery, Archeological Museum, Museum of carriages and Museo del Risorgimento. The visit offers to retrace, in a unique and varied route, the historic-artistic evolution of this city and its region. The exhibition starts from the dungeons of the Palace, where they kept the archaeological section, which houses the interesting Etruscan, liver and the collection of carriages; in the mezzanine are the collections sculptures, medieval and Renaissance frescoes, ancient weapons, glass, ceramics and the Risorgimento. The visit ends then the first floor with the Gallery, whose works document the figurative culture of Piacenza from the 16th to the 19th century. Of particular note is the famous round of Botticelli.Il location of the Museum, in 1997, reequipped opens on the mezzanine with the section of pottery and glass, with pieces of the time between the 16TH and 18th centuries. Follow the apartment plastered and part of the Splendorous Pomp, exposed in some rooms decorated with stucco designed by a. Sighizzi with contributions of Bibiena. The decoration was commissioned in 1685 the Duke Ranuccio II, which he entrusted to Marcantonio Franceschini, Giovanni Evangelista and Mauro Oddi Dragons running the pictorial cycle entitled to Alessandro Farnese. Four monumental paracamini in gilded wood, precious works of sculptor Lorenzo Aa (1675), bear witness to the splendour of the Farnese court along with other 17th century furnishings. In 1690 Sebastiano Ricci ended the series of paintings framed by stuccoes, twenty-six still exist, with the stories of Paolo III Farnese. Photographic reproductions document then the artwork transferred to Naples by Charles of Bourbon (1734), not included in the partial return of 1928. The itinerary of the visit continues with the frescoes Section coming largely from the Church of s. Lorenzo, dating from the first half of the 14th and early 15th century. Precious fragments from the chapel of St. Catherine, attributable to maestranza similar to Giovannino de ' Grassi. Subsequent rooms (10-14) preserved Romanesque sculptures of the "School of Piacenza", epigraphs and coats of arms; to report a very rare crucifix in copper and bronze, Vigolo Marchese, the end of the 11th century. Follow other sculptures, between the 15TH and 18th centuries, and the section of old weapons, including some portraits. The underground House, carriage collection began with the considerable contribution of count Brondelli increased by other acquisitions, which counts about fifty pieces from the 18th to the 20th century, including prestigious signatures of Italian workshops. It is located in the same archaeological collection environments that testifies about the population of the territory from the Paleolithic to the Neolithic; of particular interest is the famous Etruscan liver of Piacenza, the only direct source of knowledge of hepatoscopy (reading the liver to divinatory purposes), Etruscan dating from the late 2ND and early 1st century BC. On the mezzanine level there is the Museum of the Risorgimento, opened as a stand-alone institution and then merged between the museums of Palazzo Farnese includes documents, uniforms and memorabilia, donated in part by conte Barattieri, tracing the history of the Risorgimento of the city from 1831 to 1870. Ample space is dedicated to Mazzini and Garibaldi, the activities of local Patriots and especially of Giuseppe Manfredi, President of the Committee in 1857 insurgent and Governor of the province of Parma. Among the memorabilia, a tricolour with Savoy coat of arms, the sketch for the Garibaldi monument in the square opposite the station, weapons and coins, over five thousand pieces including the complete series of coins minted in Piacenza. As regards contemporary art the Palace has hosted various initiatives and exhibitions and a book, such as "the soul of 900. From de Chirico "Fountain Mazzolini collection donated to the Diocese of Piacenza-Bobbio Mazzolini da Rosa, in whose collection was already merged the Salami brothers: a collection of works organised between 899 16th-century Palazzo Farnese in Piacenza, the Palazzo del Podestà of Castell'Arquato and the Episcopal Palace of Bobbio. Among the other exhibitions include a solo show of Rebecca Forster "liver of Piacenza (contemporary art works on display near the object that has inspired)", and later the Dino's personal sculptor Maccini and Pang "Brizzolesi" Sergio Queens. In 2011 at the vernissage of the Omeofestival of Piacenza, dedicated to the element of fire, there was the performance of Bianca Maria Neri "the warmth of color"; Subsequently, the rooms of the Museum have hosted the staff of Christian Zucconi entitled "Stigmata".