The Museum and Botanical Garden of the universit? of Genoa? in insertito-Polo Hanbury Botanical DIPTERIS (gi? And Botanical Institute). The Botanical Museum? inside the building built with the contribution of Thomas Hanbury in 1862 in Genoa; the Botanical Garden extends to approximately one hectare round the building. In Museum collections, held since 1802, there are still many original Herbarium samples of famous Italian and foreign botanists, survived the war. Currently, the collections include approximately 90000 specimens of vascular plants and 2500 do non-vascular cryptogams (lichens, algae, etc.). There are a carpoteca/spermoteca with fruits and seeds from different parts of the world, a xylotheque, manuscripts, historical and educational reproductions. botanical Botanical Garden, founded by Domenico Viviani in 1803, was increased until reaching the current surface of one hectare in 1865 under the direction of Giuseppe De Notaris. Reached maximum notoriet? between the 19th and 20th centuries, when in 1892, thanks to the donation of Thomas Hanbury, the Director Otto Penzig inaugur? the new headquarters of the Botanical Institute, in conjunction with the first International Congress of Botany in Italy. Date back to the early years of the garden specimens of cypress trees, Gleditsia and a sequoia as well as magnificent specimens of great ferns such as Royal Cibotium spp. Angiopteris evecta and. After the distruzionei of World War II, Rudolph became the Picchi Sermolli family, between 1958 and 1972, complet? the reconstruction with a small greenhouse for succulents and a new large greenhouse. Currently the garden, divided into six levels, also has six greenhouses (1000 m2) of espoche, with rare ferns, tropical plants to tall trees and aquatic plants, bromeliads and orchids collections of epiphytes, succulenete and Cycadeae. These birds roam around 4000 unit?, representing about 2000 taxa.