Housed in the premises of the Oratory of the confraternita del Suffragio, extinct alongside the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Diocesan Museum of Firm is an important testimony to the artistic expressions of the large community of the Archdiocese of Fermo from the early Christian period up to 1900, tracing through the collections exposed the different phases of construction of the Cathedral, the presence of illustrious bishops, relations with the Papacy, the liturgy and devotion.
The Museum, set up in 2004 under a project that collects for types of homogeneous materials exposed to epochs and styles, paintings, furniture, silver and vestments from the treasure of the Cathedral, the Bishop's Palace, churches and the Archdiocese.
In the first big entrance hall are collected once collections kept in the Cathedral Treasury, as the famous de Firmonibus Missal, miniato in 1436 by Giovanni di Ugolino da Milano, an illuminated Missal of the 13th century, the stauroteca of Pope Pius III, the pastoral donated by Pope Sixtus V, and the monumental bronze ciborium Lombardi brothers-16th century Solar.
The room of Silver chalices, monstrances, exposes ciboria, reliquaries, sacred furnishings of superb workmanship, including two Gothic chalices, the Pontifical service of Cardinal Brancadoro of Gian Luigi Valadier goldsmith and many work of silversmiths and goldsmiths and local Roman.
In the halls of the vestments are exposed vestments from the 17th century to the early 20th century with particular placement reserved for Carey of St. Thomas Becket, fruit of the textile art of Arab origin and dated at 1116, donated to the Church of the Holy Mother fermana in memory of friendship between St. Thomas and the Bishop stop priest.
The picture gallery is housed in two rooms and collects the works of famous artists like Victor Crivelli, Marino Angels, Carlo Maratta, Pomarancio, Conrad Giacquinto, Francesco Hayez and Luigi Fontana.