The collection was established at the archaeological museum in 1898 and is one of the most valuable collections of paintings in existing brands. Exhibits works by local school but also of the Venetian school, bolognese, Roman and testifies to the digression of Fano and painting in the marches from the fourteenth century to the present day, highlighting that contacts the ground with the most diverse artistic currents.
The original nucleus of the picture gallery consists of paintings coming from buildings of religious congregations suppressed with the Decree, which in 1867 and Valerio were added over time including donations and legacies the collection donated by collector Antonelli and the legacy Vici hammers. Sorting works responds mainly chronological criterion. The tour starts from the fireplace on the first floor and ends with the 19th and 20th centuries.