Opened in 2008 within the Ice factory, at the former slaughterhouse of Piacenza, whose equipment were left in situ as a significant document of industrial archaeology, the Museum's new location accompanies the visitor to discover the natural habitat of the area through a Pang arranged into three thematic sections: the Plains, the hills and the mountains. In this way, the discussion of the three main areas of nature (geology, botany and Zoology) typical of each area, is offered in every room with reciprocal integration, in order to further stimulate the curiosity of visitors. The core of the collections consists of petrographic collections, botanical and local birds coming largely from Regio Istituto Tecnico di Piacenza and other 19th century cabinets of natural sciences educational institutions citizens. It is, in particular, the collection of exhibitors and scientific instruments of the Institute "Domenico Romagnosi", where James worked Trebuchet, Michele and Edward Wolf Learned of the Herbaria and "Flora Italy Superioris". The show makes extensive use of reconstructions, dioramas, life-size models that allow the audience a direct approach with the many aspects of this naturalistic-environmental provincial district and is widely supported by media, movies, audio carriers that their project suggestions the visitor in the very heart of different habitats. Since the late 19th century, the Commercial Institute "Romagnosi" had a consistent and valuable natural endowment. Its first description dates back to 1833 by Michele Del Lupo, Professor of science and direction of the Cabinet of natural history, which logs and rearranges a collection of rocks, minerals, fossils, animals and plants. His successor, James Tan, thanks to a series of excursions in the valleys of Pang collects types characteristic of Petrology, bringing together nearly 400 local samples of rocks from alien lands and natives of the Apennines and the Po plain, until. Edward Learned, physician and ornithologist from the Conservative Cabinet of 1895 natural history, broadens the mainly relating to collection, which among these specimens and new acquisitions are over with him garnering 300 units. Scholar's interests are not just for birds, but also beetles of Piacenza. In the Botany section of the Museum is famous for historical importance the "Italy" Flora Superioris, dating from around 1820, consisting of a collection of 1,253 "dried" in excellent condition. There are the "Herbarium a. Poli", which consists of 1,153 specimens of Fanerofite almost all spontaneous, herbaria "Paige" and "Pali" and the Institute of Botany of the Faculty of agriculture, Università Cattolica di Piacenza. This heritage has found largely in place three Museum halls, before accessing what the visitor is invited to observe a synthetic representation of nature town that focuses attention on particular ecology of this environment and on some of the most characteristic species. The room was plain schematically divided into two main areas-the-Meadow end and extragolenali-territories through a realization of the master Bank of stylized Po River as a separator between the two areas. The Hall of the Hill locates as focal element of the show the reconstruction of three major forest types that characterize the landscape: oak, chestnut and pine forest. The animals are exposed as you might encounter in a hypothetical natural forest (not always in evidence) and the visitor is encouraged to carefully observe the environment to locate them. The Hall of the mountain is divided into two main areas, one devoted to testimonies of the last glaciation which affected the Apennines even locally and the other reserved for environmental types such as mountain streams, meadows, beech sommatali.