Museum of international stature, the Pinacoteca di Brera was born alongside the Academy of fine arts, built by Maria Theresa of Austria in 1776, with educational purposes. It was supposed to be a collection of exemplary works for the training of students. When Milan became the capital of the Italian collection, at the behest of Napoleon, was transformed into a museum that aimed to expose the most significant paintings from all territories conquered by rancesi. Since the early years of the nineteenth century, even after the abolition of many religious orders, we merged the paintings from churches and convents requirements lombardi, which added the works of identical origin to various departments of stolen Italian. Collects in 38 theaters masterpieces of Italian artists from the 14th to the 19th century and some of the greatest foreign artists. Among the most famous artists Piero della Francesca, Bramante, Raffaello, Mantenga, Caravaggio, Tintoretto, Bellini, Bronzino. In the courtyard at the entrance you can see the work of Canova that represents the effigy of Napoleon. Among the most famous dipini tracks here kept him stands "marriage of the Virgin" by Raphael, the "dead Christ" by Mantegna, Bellini's "Pietà". In the Centre of the courtyard is the Napoleon bronze sculpted by Canova.