In 1948 the city of Genoa acting construction of building for the Chiossone Museum on the site of the villa of the marchese Di Negro built in 1802 on designs of Ba and destroyed by the bombardments of the second? World War. The construction of the new building, an arch rationalist project. M. Lab? strongly inspired to the canons of traditional Japanese architecture, began in 1953 but suffered numerous delays due to the disappearance of the designer in ' 61. Only in April 1967 the municipality gives the task of setting up the exhibition spaces to ing. Big White in collaboration with the then Director of the fine arts, Caterina Marcenaro. the building, reopened to the public in 1971 has the extraordinary heritage of Japanese and Oriental art collected at the end of ' 800 by Edoardo Chiossone in Japan: large sculptures, ceramics, lacquers, enamels, porcelain, arms and armor, polychrome prints, musical instruments, theatrical masks, costumes and textiles, bronzes and paintings of different periods. Also the previous nineteenth-century mansion , however, was characterized by a high concentration of works of art and antiques? that Nigga collected in qualit? by scholar and patron of the time, becoming the hub of frequent cultural events to which intellectuals and artists were Italians and foreigners. Upon his death, the entire complex was sold to the commune that decided to give it a home to various Museum institutions.