In the second half of the 19th century, after the demolition of the temporary arenas built on the ramparts of the city and the theatre fire Aliprandi (1881), missed a building in Modena intended for theatrical shows and folk of escape. The gap was filled by the trader that Gaetano Storchi at his own expense and benefits purposes, he built the homonymous Theatre-designed by architect Vincenzo masters-founding a pious work in order to help the sick and needy with using part of the revenue . Unlike the Municipal Theater, overlooking one of the main streets of the city centre, it was built on a plot Storchi (traded for free by the city) of the new building area obtained with the construction of the barrier Garibaldi (1884) following the killing of bears Bologna (1882). At this particular location the theater also has the equally original architectural structure with a double façade – the main, North, facing piazza Garibaldi (now broad), and West towards the outdoor walls (viale Martiri della Libertà)-performed in Greco-Roman style according to the dictates of contemporary eclectic legalism to well-known Masters, fine connoisseur of antiquity and its journalism Builder or Restorer, caught by the new middle class residences in rise. the architect developed a formally elegant and harmonious design, in which the use of plastic décor recherché differed in the various parts of the building, modernly equipped with service spaces, reduced, smoking room, café. The realization was however in economics, on a plot that turned unstable from the start, with the use of shoddy materials that soon it compromised the stability; the ornamentation, the Masters's own admission, became raw and rough, so already in his getting the theater assumed, especially outside, that aspect which is far from the unadorned images from the periodical "Memories of architecture" (1887, vol. X, fs. IX, tav. II) in which they appear original drawings. The front shows two avancorpi with a double row of twin Windows and a culmination to the eardrum; among them are two lodges with architraved Doric Colonnade the first and the second ion, covered terrace in the frame of avancorpi. The façade towards the walls already has the same partition, but originally showed the only lodge ground floor covered with a workable terrace. at the time of the inauguration, which took place on the evening of March 24, 1889 with the opera women curious to e. Usiglio, the theater showed an audience with Horseshoe plant accessible from an atrium with cast iron columns and a gallery with iron railing and wooden staircase. The Hall exhibited the basin cover painted by Carpi Firm strong (with the help of Giuseppe Migliorini), with light tones and allegorical images, depicted the apotheosis of Gioacchino Rossini and Carlo Goldoni. The scale of the second order was entered the adjoining foyer with terraces; service spaces and living quarters were upstairs, downstairs coffee behind the stage dressing rooms for actors and below the stables for horses, equestrian shows in anticipation of which the floor of the stalls was mobile. From surveys carried out shortly before the opening is revealed some cracks in the façade of levante and Poniente. In 1893, in addition to recur on the same drawbacks found in settlements, time, along with the bad acoustics of the theatre and "disconnect" in the stage, led a radical restructuring, entrusted to the engineer the following year Louis Sai di Milano, author of the Costanzi in Rome and in Padua. These provided the Remaking of the cover, with a slight modification of the curvature of the building and the room (1895) the second lodge in the West façade (A.St.C. Modena, administrative acts, 1892, f. 298, fs. Theaters, PCs. Storchi theatre and Opera Pia). in the following years there were almost continuous roofs operations; in 1929 was restored with remakes of plasters and frames, under the direction of engineer Francesco Messerotti, and Welcome in 1931 the radical action by the architect Mario Baciocchi di Milano reduced the room at present. Jobs-which were followed by Zeno engineer known Carani Theatre constructor Sassuolo-understood the retreat of balustrades to stages, thus expanding the audience (which he remade the floor) that broadened further with the creation of the mystical Gulf partly under the stage, also remade, as the lattice fence plants. You put a frame in iron and glass skylight in the ceiling (performed by Sai), also took place the room decor and the lighting system, then restoring the offices, the coffee and the remaining rooms for a charge of 350,000 pounds (A.ST. C. Modena, Opera Pia Storchi, 1927-31, f. IX, fs. 1929, 31). taken from the municipality of Modena in 1981 was the subject of restoration completed in 1986; from that year he resumed an intense activity.