Teatro Comunale

via Cavour, (Russi)


A first theatrical room is Russian-built autonomous di Romagna between 1812 in 1813, with the proceeds obtained from the sale of the effects of casermaggio of the Royal Gendarmerie. Previously the theatrical performances held in unsuitable and insufficiently equipped: in the Old School, said that bordered the archpriestal Church and the House of Charity. In 1811 it was thought to turn this seat in the theater: it was built with rectangular audience and fourteen seats on three orders, arranged parallel to the stage; those of the second order had the brick parapet, others of wood. There were four small rooms of reduced, two on the ground floor and two on the first floor. It assumes that the inauguration took place in 1813, because in that year is documented at the Municipal Archive of Russians, a fee to Salve Zanzi for giving comedic performances. The theater season began shortly after Christmas, to record the increased activity in January-February. From 1836 he began to give performances for the fair of Sorrows. You gave above all shows: tragedies, comedies, farces. Were the occasional musical performances, and concerts that real lyrical performances. Low was the endowment of this theater stage. In 1842 Romolo Liverani was commissioned to paint the curtain; for the occasion the famous scenographer seven views of Russian acquerellò, preserved in the Biblioteca Comunale di Forlì. In 1881 the civil engineers declared unserviceable this theatre. building a new theatre was decreed in a City Council seat in 1883. The work was begun two years later by the Chief Engineer of the municipality of Russians: Giuseppe Tramontani. These conceived the theatre according to the classical Italian type: auditorium with two tiers of boxes and a gallery willing to Horseshoe. The masonry, contracted to f. Fantini, was completed in 1886. The work of painting, decoration and stage design was entrusted to Silvio Gordini, who adorned the boxes with festoons of flowers and painted on the ceiling medallions with portraits of famous artists, while the floral decoration (moving towards the Center) was the deepest time appear. The inauguration took place on September 24, 1887 with Verdi's Rigoletto. With the new theater arrived to the Russian opera performances, pretty much never documented earlier on this square. Widely by the public Favorites, were often substitutes (for cost reasons) from operettas, the lyric a exceptional occurrence which you couldn't enjoy each year. Only since the 1920s opera seasons followed with some regularity, the good level of date representations brought the reputation of this theatre out of strictly local scope. Also the seasons of prose had a certain continuity, numbering some presence, such as that of Maria Melato in 1948. In addition, several companies were Russians, often in competition with each other, which organized in dances and also real shows. After the rise to power of fascism this proliferation of business was stifled. In 1924 were addressed vital restoration work, because the weather and the humidity had led the environment to a deplorable state. After the second world war the theatre was adapted to film local until 1964. In 1966 he became a vocal concert and the representation of Bellini's Norma, with the presence of the soprano c. Parada; in 1968 the Werther, by j. Massenet; in 1969 he made art and musical performances. From this date the theater remained closed and unused for thirty-two years. in the entrance hall two plaques recall the memorable performances of the soprano Claudia Parada and Ettore Bergamaschi. content In 1995 the architects of studio Arc-Lab of Ravenna, Gabriella Labor and Mara buttons, proceed to a thorough survey of the building preparing the project, allowing for the first time to have a precise picture of the situation on which to plan the recovery. The project was developed with the intent to keep intact as much as possible, the type and location of spaces, bringing the structure to its original conformation, historically documented, but at the same time adapting it to the requirements dictated by safety regulations in order to obtain the complete accessibility. Stages and stalls were equipped with the necessary emergency exits, two new fire stairs by placing the first order and using for this purpose the Church courtyard adjacent to the theatre. major changes are needed in the area of the stage, which lacked of dressing rooms and services. To this end it was decided to use the ample space under the stage, taking care to adopt suitable expedients in order not to irreversibly alter the acoustics of the theatre Hall. The Executive project was drafted in 1997 and in June next year were started the construction works; electric and hydraulic interventions and, entrusted to three separate companies, ended two years later. The completion of the finishes and furnishings performed after a thorough survey on documentation preserved in the municipal Archive has allowed the reopening of the theater concert April 7, 2001. the building has outside façade consists of: five gateways to arch, interspersed with pilasters with capitals, on which rests a cornice with mouldings to the band. On the first floor there is a series of five friezes above which are as many Windows, of which the three central arches, surmounted by timpani; even the Windows are interspersed by pilasters with Corinthian capitals. Closes a façade surmounted by a pediment figure within a bas-relief representing two Muses: it's the music and the dramatic arts, which support the Russian coat of arms. Inside the Hall, now devoid of decorations by Silvio Gordini, has a very simple structure. The three tiers of boxes are supported by slender and elegant cast-iron columns with capitals, there are lighting, three appliques, glass globes. (Lidia Balu)


Your saved POIs organized on a map based on your interests, opening hours and weather!