Teatro Comunale Santa Franca (formerly dei Filodrammatici)

via S. Siro 9 (Piacenza)


The Filodrammatica Piacenza was officially established by Decree of Maria Luigia in 1825, but from a fifteen years is already active. First was allowed to use salon filodrammatici place merchants ' College (now the Town Hall), suitably transformed into theatre. When the city decided to transfer its offices here at the filodrammatici was intended for the Church. It was a monastic complex of sixteenth-century origin, founded by Cistercian nuns and suppressed by Napoleon in 1810. Maria Luigia ceded it to the municipality, who first donated to the National Guard, and firefighters and finally the school of music. The monastery became the seat of the Academy and the Church, a Latin cross with a single nave and barrel vault, in the early 1900s was transformed to a design by engineer Gazzola in an elegant theater with Art Nouveau style façade. Inside a large stage and a room with horseshoe-shaped plant and double Loggia does not substantially modified the original structure but became rather a second skin. The Secular Theatre (only later took on the name "dei Filodrammatici") was inaugurated on February 19, 1909 with Roventa romance. This Theater has remained active until the late 1970s, even sostiuendo the municipal theatre in 1978-' 79 season, when it was closed for renovations. In May 1980 in "the wire" was the last representation, then the cracks of time and crumbling it advised the closure, pending appropriate action made accessible and safe room. In 1926, the theatre was the subject of a first recovery intervention: on that occasion were riammodernati furnishings and amenities, was repainted the ceiling by the painter Silvio Labò , which built on a white background a collection of architectural motifs and floral pieces completely different from the primitive style decoration primonovecento. the restoration of the theater of Saint Franca was started in September 1997, under the direction of architect Gary e. Bee, assisted by engineer Ferdinand Salazar of Milan: the main intent was to restore the building to its original state, the Gaines project ever in the smallest details. Lamps, flooring, Windows, doors, room armchairs, everything was looking carefully reconstructed craftsmen able to do these jobs. A complex intervention "across the Board", which saw the restoration of masonry, the review of the structures for the purpose of adaptation to the latest safety standards and the total plant makeover, finally retrieving the item that best characterizes this theatre: Art Nouveau façade. the delicate work on decorative pieces (boxes, columns, painted proscenium and time) are started in early October ' 99 and end in January next. Silvia firms Ottolini of Piacenza and Bologna Officinarte, to which they are entrusted, are facing a difficult situation. In particular, the wooden structure, consisting mainly of thin wood and mirrors, curved antlers Central, over the years had affected their movements strongly of material and thermal shock, but also any tampering, from time to time made to make functional structure to use. Also in the treatment of the decorations of the room's canopy was essential to proceed with extreme caution to the carattesristiche of materials used in reconstructions of the thirties: cleanup time was limited to a thorough dust removal, while you worked hard on fixing the colors. The curtain, with artistic value, depicts the visions of Vittorio Alfieri-powered by Bernardino Pollinari and from the theater housed in the salone del Collegio dei Mercanti was later placed in via Santa Franca was expertly restored by the laboratory of angels Kate Parlatore. the theatre thus recovered was reopened to the public on October 25, 2000. (Lidia Balu)


Your saved POIs organized on a map based on your interests, opening hours and weather!