The Museum documents the dramatic war events of 1943, which earned him the town of Ortona the awarding of the gold medal for civil valor. It was inaugurated on May 6, 2002 with the intervention of the Canadian Ambassador. It is dedicated to the memory of the civilian victims and 1314 many Canadian and German soldiers who fell during the battle of Ortona and wants to be a place of reflection on cruelty and futility of war, sending a message to new generations of peace. Inside are memorabilia, photos, giant and war relics of World War II gathered around the city, including uniforms and personal belongings of the soldiers. The exhibition is divided into three sections. The first section is dedicated to the civilians who suffered war and is packed with photos and testimonies of the period. A model shows what happened in the Centre of Ortona. The second room is dedicated to those who have fought the war and contains objects, and not war, also found in the surrounding countryside, the scene of fighting until June 1944. The third section is devoted to military strategy, to those who battle have conceived, designed, researched and prepared. Also shows another important aspect of the war, the use of propaganda.
There are reproductions of various newspapers of the era, with the different phases of the battle at Ortona and around and reproductions of advertisements directed to citizenship by the Germans settled in the city.