Palazzo Fava's origins date back to the middle ages, but the present structure takes shape during the Renaissance, with restoration work took him from the family Stone, who comes into possession in 1546.
Begin work toward the early 1980s from the 16th century. During this period, Palazzo Fava is completely reinvented: the portico of Gothic taste, but reconstructs the brick façade, enriched by decorative elements. Back to those years even the intervention of the Carracci: in 1584, Philip Stone instructs Ludovico, Agostino and Annibale to paint some rooms on the first floor.
After the extinction of the branch of Fava-Bean Palace Ghisilieri came first to the family, then at the Hotel Baglioni. in 2005 the entire complex was bought by the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio in Bologna, fully restored and returned to the city as Palazzo delle Esposizioni. In its spaces are exhibits of works belonging to the Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio in Bologna and exhibitions of works from other important public and private collections.