The baths of Diocletian are grander thermal plant ever built in Rome. Built between 298 and 306 ad, had a span of over 13 acres and could accommodate up to 3000 people at once, in a path that ran between gyms, libraries, a pool of more than 3500 square meters and the environments that formed the core of every thermal baths: the frigidarium, tepidarium and calidarium. These large rooms were transformed by Michelangelo for the construction of the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri: Christians in other rooms of the spa was built, designed by the artist himself, the Carthusian monastery.
Seat of the Museo Nazionale Romano since its inception in 1889, the baths and the Charterhouse is the subject of a restoration process that has so far allowed the reopening of part of the monumental complex and two sections of an articulated exhibition Museum, the early history of the Latin and the Epigraphic Peoples on written communication in the Roman world.
The visitor can thus, in addition to the Museum to visit, enjoy the sumptuous and imposing House Tithe, inside which are exposed the great tomb of Platorini and two Chamber tombs from the Necropolis of via Portuense with frescoes and stucco; You can then walk in the great Cloister of the Certosa, Michelangelo today unexpected oasis of peace and silence within walking distance from the Termini station, where crowded are exposed more than 400 works, including statues, sarcophagi, altars, reliefs from Roman territory.